Sunday, January 15, 2012

Moving up= you can't win at showdown

After smashing through 50NL with a 12bb/100 win-rate over 30k hands, I finally made it to 100NL.

Excitedly I fired up some tables. There is probably some sub-optimal play here and there as I adjust to the regulars, but overall I feel I played very well.

I wasn't really paying attention to how I was doing, although I did notice that I was losing some races.

After the session I checked the graph and almost threw up.


In 3 short hours I blew a weeks work at 50NL. Good times.

I know that this kinda stuff happens, but it's odd that it seems to always happen as soon as I move up. It happened multiple times at 50NL before I got a foothold, now it here we go again at 100NL.

This is the kinda thing that woulda really bothered me a year ago. Now I know I just need to grind enough hands to turn it around. If I have to move down, oh well.. no biggie. I'll be back at 100NL in a week or two. :)

-----------------------------------------
(Continued- 2 hrs later)

It's been one of those days where my opponents mystically hit whatever combination of runner runner if all-in on the flop or 1 or 2 outer if all-in on the turn.

This may seem like a small sample, and it is.. but since I only play 2-4 tables at a time, it's like 8 hrs of play today. What a strange game this is.

Well, I'm $200 from having to move down. Almost 1/3 of my BR gone since yesterday :(


I wish somehow this graph showed the 9 times that I flopped the nuts and got all-in on the turn or river only to find out they had turned a gutshot or some other wierd suckout. 9 times. That's a lot of dough.

It's funny though, I haven't run this bad since my first move to 50NL in February. I am not going to get frustrated, tomorrow is a new day.. I'll be back strong then. This is why we practice BR management, no?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just noticed that at no period of time today does the blue line go on an upward trend. My red line is the normal slow progression upwards, but the blue line is exactly the opposite of what it normally is.. amazing.

    ReplyDelete