Sunday, February 19, 2012

Changed my "business" plan a bit/cashed out some

I cashed out $2,500 as a rl necessity because we are currently building a house. In order to qualify for a loan we needed a bit more liquid cash in the bank before we can get approved. Long story short, I am self-employed and show a lot of deductions on my tax return.. therefore it is hard as hell to show enough income to qualify for a loan these days. Even though our mortgage will be the same as our current rent that we have been paying 4 years, it doesn't matter to the mortgage company. Since the financial crash due I can't blame them, it's just a pain.

At any rate, I moved a bit to another poker site and now I split my time between the two. I have $650 0n the main site and $350 on the other. Since it's a 33% rakeback deal on both sites, there really is no incentive to put in all my volume in one place. Besides, the cashout time on Cake poker sucks so I like having some of my roll on another site which I can access funds quicker on.

I am now grinding $10 and $20 NL. I have also been experimenting with my bet sizing and bluff frequencies quiet a bit as well. Better to do that for lower stakes imo.

I also will be trying a bit more aggressive bankroll management plan for a time. It seems as though for the most part my daily fluctuations are usually not more than 4-5 buy-ins one way or the other so I am taking a calculated risk. I have no problems moving up and down if I hit a swing, so I am not worried about tilting it all off.

I am putting in a lot more volume lately and try to get in at least 2k hands a day. I would like to at least put in 50k hands a month going forward. I have plans to get a 24" monitor once we are in the new house, I definitely need the extra desktop space as I can only tile 12 tables at a time right now. And that is with significant overlap. I just want to be able to tile 16 tables with a little overlap so I can increase my hands per hour from the current 420ish up to around 550 or so.

On another note, I went and hit golf balls the other day for the first time in like 2 years. I hit the ball pretty dang good considering and look forward to hopefully getting a regular game together in the next few weeks. In case I never mentioned before on the blog, I am a 2 handicap and averaged around 76 a round back when I played a couple times a week in a my 20s.

Golf is a lot like poker in many ways. It's very much a mental game and you have to control your emotions in order to succeed. The only difference is you are only playing old man par and that bastard is the ultimate grinder!

No comments:

Post a Comment