Thursday, January 27, 2011

Derailed temporarily

With the purchase of a new computer and a major car repair, I was forced to cash out most of my bankroll. It almost made me puke to click the button.. but since I didn't want to tap into our savings, I think I did the best thing.

So I am faced with a new challenge. Rebuilding the roll. So in between real life work and being sick the past week or so, I have played a few DONs and regular SNGs to pass the time while I decide what direction to go.

I was offered a staking and coaching deal by a big name player, but am not sure I will accept. With todays changes by pokerstars, I am leaning towards just going it alone. The guy who offered the deal is a short stacker and I am not sure I want to go that route. I am a proven winner playing a 50bb+ stack.. so I almost feel like I am regressing if I switch to short stacking, if only temporarily.

I may try an interesting challenge I have been wanting to do for some time. I was thinking of starting at $50 and starting at 2NL at 6max 24-tabling. I would play a pretty ABC preflop game and move up according to a specific BR schedule. I think it would be a good test of mental endurance and fun to see how high I can go in stakes and how quickly I can build a roll.

I will think about it tonight and decide later. I am still stinging from my bad fortune this month.. but have always had a positive attitude about such things and know it'll only be a minor setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment