Monday, February 14, 2011

Staked+Switched games

After much deliberation, I decided to accept a staking by one of the most profitable players in the game. The package includes a full stake in whatever game he decides I should play in and "free" coaching. In return I pay him 50% of profits until the end of 2011. If I am able to move up and grind higher stakes now, its possible I can increase my hourly rate significantly.. even with the 50% deduction.

I'm just over a week in and I can say I am excited abut the opportunity. He has me playing the 50NL CAP games and its surprisingly a lot more fun than I expected. Its like a learning a new game altogether, but my deeper stack and SNG background is definitely a big plus on quickening the learning curve.

Although I am experiencing a lot of negative variance so far, I feel like I am on the verge of crushing it. In my first 8k hands or so while I was learning, it was a bit of a struggle. Now for the past 12k hands I am running ev 5.20bb/100.

The only problem is... take a look at the graph. Its some of the most ridiculous cash game variance I have ever faced.



In 21k hands I am 50 buy-ins under AIEV.

50.




FIFTY!!!!!

The sick thing is, even with all of this bullshit I am still net up $100 after rakeback and a $50 stellar reward. All I can do is keep grinding and wait for the poker Gods to at least lube up a little before they bend me over.

By the way, right now my staker has me grinding 6-8 tables at once while I learn. So 21k hands represents like 40 hrs of play.

40 hrs of hell.

I'll post more frequently now that I have decided which direction to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment