Saturday, February 19, 2011

50NL still doesn't like me

So I was staked to move up to 100NL, so I have began playing there. Suddenly all of the bad beats disappeared and things were going smoothly. I was winning a few races here and there. My overpairs were holding up for the most part.

So after each of my 100NL sessions that past two days I went ahead and fired up some 50NL tables for some "stress free" grinding to add some more vpps.

And each time.. BOOM. Doomswitch. I had sets flopped on me numerous times, backdoors flushed a few times while valuebetting against air type hands... you name it, it happened. Because of all the postflop coolers I am now starting to run under aiev. Bad news. The 10-15 buy-ins I have to give up at the start of each session are impossible to overcome if I run bad postflop too.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining really. At least the doomswitches are only hitting at 50NL so far. I guess running bad just always stings, no matter the stakes.

I filtered out for preflop all-ins and in the last 2 days I am averaging 48% equity and winning 38% of showdowns over 200 all in hands. Overall I am averaging 52.5% equity when all in preflop and winning at 46%. Its really hard to comprehend how huge that is. I am trying to wrap my head around it. As an example, if I had run equally as good as I did bad in the past 2 weeks, it would have meant an additional $1,000 in my bankroll over those 30k hands. That's 100 buy-ins difference at 50NL!

I'll settle for just getting my equity.. I don't want more.. just please stop making my 88 an exact coinflip to 98s.. which the way I running, basically is from an equity standpoint.

So my history with 50NL continues. I run bad deep stacked, half stacked, and now short stacked. I should ask pokerstars to ban me from opening 50NL tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment