Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Less hands but more hours?

So I start December needing around 160k hands to hit my goal for the rest of 2009. That's around 5k hands per day, or 3 hrs per day playing nothing but fast tables.

Reasons to stick with the plan:
1. I tend to never give up on anything.
2. Fulfilling self promises.
3. Prove that I can play that kind of volume.

Reasons to abandon the plan and make a new one:
1. Since I started going for more hands per hour my win-rate has dropped from 3.5BB/100 down to 1.0BB/100.
2. This is December, more time needs to be spent with my family.
3. In January I can start anew with the grind with my sanity intact.
4. I will likely make more money playing less hands per hour due to more time for decisions.
5. Fooling yourself into not caring about results by hiding them in PT is just a bandaid. (more on this another time)

Having listed the above.. which do you think is smarter to do?

I think I am going with less hands, more quality play for now. Maybe when I am going for SNE or something one day its worth it to sacrifice the win-rate for awhile. Right now, getting the BR up to where I can go for such endeavors seems paramount atm.

Poker is about making adjustment right? Doing things come hell or high water can lead to burnout/busto.

Onward we go.

BR= $1,313

No comments:

Post a Comment