Sunday, July 25, 2010

So I reviewed some hands from earlier this year...

First of all I made the switch to Hold'em Manager.  I watched a Deucescracked video on it and was sold.  The greater flexibility on reviewing my play makes it a much better choice for me.  And besides that, it runs much faster doesn't take 40 hours to perform maintenance on a database.  (It takes like 15 minutes)

So then I reviewed some hands from a 50NL session in February.  I had my mouth open seeing how I played a bunch of hands. It was like the twilight zone on how bad I was less than 6 months ago and I wonder how the hell did I not go bust.  I was a super mega nitfish to say the least.  I would post a hand or two but they are way too embarassing.

On another note, I have been experimenting on different setups.  I have been a stacker for some time so its rather awkward to try new setups.  I have been playing a few 2NL sessions with "stack and tile."  Its a nice program but really slows down play for megatabling.  I really can't see much benefit to it and there is way too much clicking and eye movement required.  What I really want is the ability to watch the action on the laptop and still play a lot of tables.

I guess as long as I play on a 17" laptop I will be stuck stacking.  The most I can reasonable tile is 6 tables and they are so tiny it hurts my eyes to try and read the HUD.  The thing is, if I am playing less tables and really concentrating on exploiting people, I prefer to tile.  I am guessing 12 tables would be a good sweet spot for me if I had a PC with a 24"ish monitor.   I am not sure I am willing to cash out the $1,500 or so necessary to get a good PC.. I have a lot of thinking to do on the subject.

My main concern is on becoming an FPP pro and burning out.  I want to improve and move up and not just get stuck at 100NL or whatever as a mega tabling nit who hates going to "work."  On the other hand, I really want Supernova and then the 200k VPP bonus after that before the year end.  It would be tough to get there without mega tabling.

I guess I have a lot of thinking to do on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment