Monday, July 5, 2010

Thinking of moving up

The BR is now above 3K with FPPs figured in. My game seems to be coming together nicely lately and I am curious as to how I will do at 50NL. My move earlier this year was a feeble one with the worst downswing of my poker career (24 buy-ins) so I guess its natural to be a bit gun shy.

I feel like I am leaps and bounds ahead of where I was back then and even though I had a big downswing, I still ran .86BB/100.. so it wasn't like I was a loser.

I guess I will go ahead and make the leap again because if I am able to beat 50NL for a decent rate now, I am wasting money by not moving up.

On another note, I am now playing a 100bb stack vs. the 50bb stack I had been employing through May and June. I feel like my game has progressed to where I can handle those "tough spots" you get into with deeper stacks... I feel like I get much more value out of my big hands now and can manage the pot against the nits much more effectively. I love putting them in tough spots.

I am also running around 15/13 now vs the old 11/9 or whatever I used to run. The games are pretty loose lately so I consider 15/13 pretty dang laggy.

So I will post my progress at 50NL once I get a few thousand hands under my belt.

1 comment:

  1. Its funny how once I changed my style of play how the games went from shitty two days ago to halfway decent now.

    ReplyDelete