Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aggressive BR strategy

I have decided to try to shed my nitty BR management once and for all by forcing myself to play at a smaller bankroll than I am accustomed to . My reasons for doing so.

1. I have to get past playing on "scared money."
2. I need to focus more on moving up in limits rather than trying to become an "fpp" pro at any given level.
3. Tying into #2, I feel 24 tables is sometimes too many. Sure, most of the time I am on my A+ game and 24 tabling seems boring.. but other times it'd be nice to have that extra 3-4 seconds to make each decision.

So to accomplish all of the above, I am cashing out to $1,500 and playing 50NL. I will move up or down according to the following schedule:

Start with $1,500- 30 buy-ins for next level- go back down if 5 buy-ins lost

step 1: 25nl till roll = $1500
step 2: 50nl till roll = $3000 Go back down if roll hits $1250
step 3: 100nl till roll = $6000 Go back down if roll hits $2500
step 4: 200nl till roll = $12000 Go back down if roll hits $5000
step 5: 400nl till roll = $18000 Go back down if roll hits $10000
step 6: 600nl till roll = $30000 Go back down if roll hits $15000
step 7: 1knl - Go back down if roll hits $25000

Notes:
- I have never played above 100NL and for the few thousand hands I have played it have not beat it. What makes me think I can make it to 1kNL? Well I am not sure how far I can make it.. but hopefully I have improved over the past 3 years and can someday get there. If I don't set it as a goal and map it out, I never will.. so there we go. If I end up having to settle in as a 100NL grinder, so be it. But why not give it a shot at something more?
- This may look like a normal 30 buy-in schedule that people use to play poker.. but for me it is extremely aggressive. In the past I have not even thought about moving up until 50 buy-ins and have really only felt comfortable with 100.
- I will abide by the schedule on a daily basis. If I have to move down after one session, so be it. I must start each session at the correct level and be mindful of where I stand at all times.
- The possibly frequent moves up and down will hopefully train me to stop thinking of chips as money and play loose no matter what the stakes. I can always move down right?
- The money I have tied up in FPPs will not count towards my current bankroll anymore. They will simply be saved as "bonuses" to be used at my discretion.

I will post my progress as frequently as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment