Monday, August 9, 2010

I think its time move up

After doing some thinking and discussing my situation on irc, I have decided that nearly 500k hands and almost 7k in winnings (rakeback adjusted) is enough to show I am a proven winner at 25NL.  So what's next?  I actually bounced around the idea of just going straight to 100nNL.  I do have 50 buy-ins for that level.   However, I do not want to get ahead of myself and get super culture shocked so in the end I will be moving to 50NL which I have 96 buy-ins for currently.

On my last attempt at 50NL, I didn't really fail.  I did run very well at it until my epic $1,700 downswing.  I just had some major mental problems at that time which forced me to move back to 25NL and cash out some dough just to keep my sanity.  For my career at 50nL, I am running at .75ptbb/100.  Not bad considering the huge downswing right in the middle of it.  I am confident I can beat 50NL for at least the same clip as 25NL and likely 100NL as well, since I hear they are not that much different.  (some people say 100nl is softer)

So I did sit down with my wife and set a poker playing schedule.  I had to factor in a lot of different realities in order to come up with what works best for me.  And while it is not likely the schedule I would keep were I a 21 year old single college student, it is optimum for my situation. (married with 2 kids and a day job.)  Just to run through it briefly, it includes 3o hours of play per week.  (not inflexible, the real job could override it at times)

Monday-Tuesday: Off

Wednesday-Thursday: 6-9AM, 12:30-4:30PM

Friday: 12:30-4:30PM, 8PM-12AM

Saturday- Sunday: 12:30-4:30PM

So Wednesday will be my first session back at 50NL.  I will try to post something Sunday night after I am able to see my progress..

I am going to cut this short and post my lifetime graph at 25NL.


No comments:

Post a Comment