Monday, August 16, 2010

So I was a punching bag for a few days

I moved up on Wednesday and proceeded to play like everyone's little bitch.. playing way too passively (in hindsight of course)

When I reviewed my play Friday morning I almost puked when I saw my redline which dropped off a cliff compared to 25NL.

So I decided to switch to a more LAG style to force me to be more aggressive postflop. I proceeded to take 2 buy-ins off the 50NL tables in an hour before wrapping it up with a redline that shot straight up.

I did moved back down, however, since I want to have 100 buy-ins to play at any level comfortably. I then played a 23/20 style at 25NL for 10k hands, running 8.5ptbb/100 with a steady breakeven red line.. which in my experience, means I am playing optimum. (for my game)

So for the week I did manage to take $269 off the tables (after rakeback), not bad for a learning experience. I also got platinum star again and a $100 stellar reward. I remember a time back when I was in my 20s when 369 a week took 40+ hours of work and wore me out physically. Now its funny to play a game, experiment, play badly, and make the same amount in 23 hrs. Why couldn't the poker boom happen when I was 21 years old?

I plan to move back up when my sessions resume Wednesday and continue playing LAG. Here is my graph for the week. I didn't play as many hands as I had hoped, mainly to cutting my sessions short on the weekend due to the PGA Championship and wanting to spend time with the family.

Can you spot the moment I switched to LAG?

No comments:

Post a Comment