Monday, September 20, 2010

Best week so far


Last week was my best week ever in terms of money taken off the tables, just over $800 after rake back. I did run 9 buy-ins under all-in ev so its not a heater, which is a good sign. I also put in about 26 hours, probably my highest volume week ever. However, it is just short of my scheduled 30 hours. I really need to start putting in the volume I have targeted for myself.

In the last couple of days I have been working on good spots to 4-bet bluff, and surprisingly, according to stoxev, you can just about 4-bet your entire range profitably against most players if they are 3-betting 5%+ as long as they don't adjust.

This assumes they are only continuing with QQ+, AK.. and a lot of players have a 5-bet range like this. I know I do unless I have a read.

So what does this mean? It means against people 3-betting 5%+ I should be throwing in a few 4-bet bluffs occasionally.. but not enough so they adjust.

Implications? It lowers my fold to 3-bet stat a bit so that I don't get 3-bet as much against people using a HUD, and it has the added benefit of making people "back off" of their light 3-betting if they realize I am capable of 4-betting them light.

It is all part of my trying to build a more well rounded game. I want to be as unexploitable as possible once I move up to higher stakes.

Other than that I am trying to find more spots to squeeze as it is hugely +ev with ATC is a ton of situations I know I am overlooking right now.

Goals for this week are to put in all of the hours I have set and to continue working on the nuances of the 3-bet/4-bet game.

No comments:

Post a Comment