Friday, September 24, 2010

Where's all the fish?

So I did some 12-tabling of 50NL, and while the regulars are pretty darn awful, there was a noticeable lack of pure fish on the tables. I seriously saw 3 genuine fishy type players in the 1.5 hrs I just played. I table selected and closed out the "bad" tables every 30 minutes.. before I knew it, I had 2 tables running. ???? !!!!

So anyways.. it was rather disheartening. I know its not the optimum time of day to play, but come on.

I ended up a little less than a buy-in up even though I got coolered once when I flopped top two vs bottom set. Also, everything I raised the button with Qx, the blinds called me with a dominating Q. Luckily I pot controlled all 3 hands and lost the minimum.. but it was still pretty comical.. here I am thinking I got some bluff money out of them on the river and they flip up QK vs my QJ etc.

So with that I closed out my tables and am now writing on this blog.

One thing I did notice is although it is decent practice to play the 50NL regs, they are so God awful I really do get bored quickly. I really want to play at 100NL and above and am now thinking about the quickest way to get rolled for it. It may require 20 tabling 25NL or something for a higher hourly rate than the obvious 5 tabling of 50NL because of the lack of decent tables. I may pick up on the operation I came up with yesterday once I get rolled for 100NL.

Very frustrated right now and if I wasn't like 80% to supernova, I'd seriously consider changing sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment