Monday, September 20, 2010

Last 100k hands at 25NL



I was just checking on my progress through my past couple hundred thousand hands and noticed my winrate has gone from about 1.7BB/100 for my first 500kish hands to 3.4BB/100 in my last 100k hands. I do not think this is a 100k heater as I know I have come a long way in my understanding of the game. Notice the gentling out of the red line to where I am pretty much break even now. I am understanding board textures and which flops to play back and barrel on etc. My 3-betting game has also significantly improved.

So what to do with this knowledge? Well, it allows me to stop being results oriented and have piece of mind during my sessions that I am a winning player. Now I can focus on each hand as I go with confidence that the money will eventually come. That those cooler sessions are just a blip on the long term graph. And with that said, here is my lifetime 25NL graph so far.


I have no regrets on how things have progressed so far. I do wish I could successfully move up, but it is very difficult for me because my poker earnings go towards making a living. My r/l job has lately been contributing a lot less to my total income. Every time I am rolled for the next level, I either move up and immediately hit a huge -AIEV downswing (its happened twice) and have to move back down, or I don't move up at all because I have to cash out to pay bills.

Luckily for me I am able to make a solid $25/hr at 25NL and if I put enough hours in, can just about support my family completely. I constantly wonder though if I would be a winner at 50NL/100NL if I got the chance to permanently make the move up.

All I can do is plow ahead and hopefully put enough aside to keep taking shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment