Saturday, September 4, 2010

Doomswitch


I think the graph above speaks for itself. What it doesn't show is the enumerable times people are hitting sets against my big pairs getting 7-1 (at best) preflop on the 50bb tables. The only other time I ran this bad was back in February and I believe this time tops it. I dropped my all time most amount ever on the tables yesterday, $582, running 18 buy-ins under AIEV. I knew I was running bad while playing, but since I don't check the cashier until at the end of each day, I was stunned to see I had dropped 32% of my bankroll. I now have to move down to 25NL again and I guess I need to review some hands (and puke a lot while doing it) to make sure I am not leaking somewhere majorly.

I guess in a nutshell.. TAG sucks ass. I can remember why I switched to LAG. TAG relies way too much on showdown winnings and because of it, days like this can happen. I guess that's the price a TAG pays for wasting less brainwaves during their play.

So should I go back to LAG? Should I let one bad session make me change my game again? I don't know. I am going to think about it today and decide if the loss of VPPs/hr is worth it. Maybe I should start focusing on pure winrate and forget the fpp crap.

On a positive note. I can 100% say with full confidence that I did not tilt any money off today. I had one of those sessions where someone could easily blow their entire bankroll. But here I am, still intact with 50 buy-ins for 25NL ready to grind it back up.

So screw you poker Gods, you can take your 34 buy-in downswing that you decided to give me, and stick it.

No comments:

Post a Comment