Sunday, November 28, 2010

Break even week

Well almost.. $-3.86 after rakeback. Not the worst result for my move up to 50NL although running $250 under aiev does suck.

Yesterday and today I have been thinking about play at 50bb tables... getting value from short stacks and skewing my range to allow villians to misplay against me. I won't go into any great detail but the early results are promising.

I have decided on my goals for the rest of the year. I cashed out my 1k bonus for reaching Supernova and my bankroll is now right at $2,200ish. I want to play enough volume to get the $1,500 bonus by years end so I can begin play at 100NL in January.

I am still on the fence about trying for SNE next year. It looks like I would need to play an average of 8 hrs per day at 100NL to get it. That's pretty dicey considering my job can take me out of town at any given moment. Unless of course I make enough in January and February to be able to quit my job.. but I am not burning any bridges until I am certain I can make it doing this.

SNE is definitely a big accomplishment and I really need a good challenge... I just need to make certain a go for it is right for me. I have never quit anything in my life, so when and if I make the decision, I will get there come hell or high water.


2 comments:

  1. You must be nuts to even think about becoming SNE if you have a day job! If you do go for it I will certainly be checking in to see how you're doing (this coming from a man who has only ever reached silverstar once)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never said I was sane. I worked 80 hours a week and took 18 hrs of classes my first year of college way back when.. I have always been gifted on the endurance front.

    ReplyDelete