Sunday, November 21, 2010

Running bad this month

So I am running bad this month.. not a big deal. I am at about 1.8ptbb/100 still which isn't too awful. The past Friday was the worst, 1 outers, 2 outers, preflop/postflop coolers galore.

What I try to do in times like this is just remember that over the course of a poker career there will be horrible stretches and all we can do is just focus on staying with our game and trudging through it.

So for the next week I will focus on the basics and try to prepare myself for the move up.

I have 3.9k VPPs left to achieve Supernova for the first time.. I will get there on Friday, Saturday or Sunday... depending on how much I get to play during the holiday week. Of course if I run really hot on Monday/Tuesday I could conceivably get there a lot faster as I am at about $2,300 in raw cash in my poker account. I am making the move to 50NL at $2,500 so we'll see what happens.

I am still very nervous about 50NL. I have played over 200k hands at that level and had two terrible downswings in that period. I am .53ptbb/100 lifetime so far at 50NL, however, so hopefully I have learned something in the past 9 months since I last spent significant time there.

If the month were to end today I would have my all time best month at around $1,800ish.. my previous best was $1,600. I still have 9 days to go, so unless something horrific happens, I will post my best numbers ever.

By the way, this is the first week I have successfully made it all the way through without looking once at monetary results. I am proud of myself for that fact but still find myself glancing back at an all-in table to see if I won or lost the hand. This is a big no-no and I have to break myself of it. My best stretches ever involve me not knowing or caring how I am doing and playing each hands separate from all of the others. This poker "nirvana" is something I am striving for.. its the hardest challenge to overcome for me.

For the next week I will look at my daily dollar results since I am so close to moving up. I will instead focus on not paying attention to how I am doing on a table by table basis. For example I have a bad habit of clicking back on a table to see if my big bluff worked or whatever. All this does is piss me off when someone calls me with bottom pair or cause me to get behind on my tables and start timing out. Another thing that is surely hurting my win rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment