Friday, December 31, 2010

SNE Plans

I have decided to go for it. The final factor that made me decide in favor of an attempt, is that I am finally picking up day job work from a new company.. so there is a lot less pressure on the poker income.

I only have a lol $3.1k bankroll but that is 60 buy-ins for the 100NL 50bb tables. So I will start off there and see what happens.

I am a lifetime winner at 25NL of 1.7BB/100 (2.2BB/100 in the last 250k hands). I am a 1.2BB/100 winner at 50NL over 250k hands.. So what's my expected winrate at 100NL? I have no friggin' clue, but even if I lose at -.5BB/100 I will still make 70k; so there really is no excuse.

In my spare time I have been formulating a schedule and have decided 6 days a week, with two 4-5 hr sessions a day. It still gives me time in the AM to work my "real" job and it allows me 3-4 hrs in the evenings and Sundays to spend with the family. I have also scheduled 2 months of vacation time to give me a break at the halfway point and then again at the end of the year for the holidays. It also allows me 28 sick days.

So without further adieu, here is the breakdown:

2011 SNE Schedule
~15000 hands/work day
247 work days
~3,705,000 total hands
1,000,000 total vpp
3,500,000 total fpp
$56,000 FPP bonus
$4,667 bonus/month
$24,400 milestones + $20,000 SNE bonus= $44,400
$3,700 milestone/month
$5,200 tournament packages
$105,600 total RB
$8,800 RB/month
($37,050) projected earn (-.5BB/100)
$68,550 TOTAL
$6,855 TOTAL/work month

Notes:
1. It looks like a lot of hands, but since I can comfortably do 2k hands per hour now its not as bad as it looks. (I typically average 1700ish hands per hour.)
2. It looks like I am setting myself up for failure with the negative winrate, but I am a realist and know suddenly moving up two limits will not be easy. If I do better than this, great.. if I do a bit worse.. I can still get there.
3. I will mark on the calender when each bonus is coming to keep my piece of mind and to give me mini goals to reach along the way.
4. I will only be checking the cashier Sundays. Daily, I will only have hands and VPP points earned on HEM. This allows me to be more focused on my actual play and less focused on the money. I will treat this like a video game and the only "prizes" being collected are VIP points. I know this puts me in danger of going busto.. but it will be pretty clear while playing if I dip below the minimum amount to get 24 tables up. My plan if this happens, is to drop the number of tables or move to 50NL until I hit a bonus. I have enough vacation and sick days to allow me to still reach SNE even if a temporary drop down in stakes is needed.

2 comments:

  1. right on man, good luck hope you make it ill be watching your progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. hwy mate im also going for SNE check out my blog and follow it if u like and ill follow yours cheers mate

    ReplyDelete