Friday, December 17, 2010

Starting to think about next year

Its been a variance filled month but at least I am up so far. I have grinded my way back to about a 3k effective bankroll and have been doing a lot of thinking about next years goals.

The company I do CAT work for just finally started sending me local work for the off season. This takes a TON of pressure off of my poker game since now I likely won't have to cash out much if any each month for expenses.

In fact, I am now leaning more towards actually going for SNE now since I can afford failure. 3k may seem like a very low bankroll for trying a move to 100NL, but since I mainly play the 50BB tables I actually have 60 buy-ins right now for those games.

I am going to go ahead and move back to 50NL now to lessen the culture shock associated with a 2 level jump. Hopefully I don't blow my whole roll in the last two weeks of the month. :)

I do realize SNE is a huge accomplishment and will be very difficult for someone with a day job. But since I am used to working long hours and other individuals have shown that it is possible.. I think I am pretty dumb if I do not make an attempt. I ran the numbers and even if I average a loss of 2k each month, with rakeback I would average 6k income anyways. This is a bit more then my best year ever in my "real" job.

So I will crunch the numbers a bit more and post my plan for SNE next year sometime this month.. of course if I decide not to go for it, I will post that as well. 3.7 million hands next year seems very daunting.

Any advice would be appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. right on man itll be interesting seeing what you do either way

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!! way to go and go for SNE, good luck with 50nl, just learn to play solid!!!!

    ReplyDelete