Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weak Tight is my middle name

I was continuing to review my play over the past few weeks and realized my aggression has declined considerably. It is exactly half what it was a couple of months ago. HALF. Instead of an af of around 3.5 it is now in the 1.8 range.. wtf???

So I fired up 12 tables so I could concentrate a bit closer on things. Its pretty obvious once I stopped and smelled the coffee that I was missing tons of spots to apply the right pressure.

In a nutshell.. I have been on autopilot.

And while it is a tiny sample size.. this is the graph from today.


The showdown winnings are crap but check out the red line. There were a lot of good barreling spots that I was missing. I made a couple of check raises with air against a button raise on an A high flop.. since A high is a tiny part of an aggressive button range, its a profitable play to throw in occasionally. My weak tight ass was not finding these spots over the past 100k hands or so.

Its kind of funny though, since my live play has been the complete opposite over the same time period. I play in a pub poker league and have a reputation as being a super aggressive bastard (and an idiot according to many "good" players) I simply look for more spots since I'm obviously one tabling and since they are donkaments and move pretty fast You have to accumulate chips pretty quickly. Every single season I am consistently at the top of the power rankings and make more $ (virtual money) per game than anyone else. This season I have played in 26 games, have 26 final tables and 23 top 4 finishes. Albeit, the games only average about 15 people.

So why hasn't this aggressive play translated into my cash game play? Because I am a 24 tabling super nit who has been focusing way too much on vpps. So I am going to continue playing 24 tables, but if I find myself losing aggression, I am going to have to cut back and forget SNE. Its just not worth it.. I can't stomach losing or even breaking even.

No comments:

Post a Comment