Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just when you think you got it all figured out..

...poker bitchslaps you back into your place.

So I was going to play all week without looking at the cashier. Today I accidentally saw my earnings in HEM and almost threw the laptop out the window. I dropped $1,200 since Monday (-600 ev). So now I am glad I looked because I am playing terrible and definitely need to adjust quick.

It seems I had become Mr. weak tight passive again, a problem that has plagued me in the past. This game is all about aggression and even though I know that.. I tend to go on auto pilot and try and make hands before putting money in the pot. Yes, I'm an idiot.

So back to square one. I dropped a couple tables so I can focus better and will have to live with less hands per hour for awhile until I can correct this BS.

I did play 4500 hands after realizing how bad I was playing and focused more on winning dead money, picking up pots no one wants etc. I was -$10, +$70 ev. Not too bad.. I may have overdone it a bit as I was +$100 in non-showdown earnings.

So I will spend the rest of the week trying to be the most aggressive bastard I can and at least if the bankroll crashes and burns, I will have gone down swinging.

1 comment:

  1. i like to look at the results after my sessions and thats it, gives me an idea of how i did for the session

    ReplyDelete