Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A little better



Things have gone much better since Sunday night and even though I feel like I am still running pretty bad postflop, the preflop doomswitch seems to be off at least for now. I am still working hard on my game and making minor tweaks here and there. I still have a few leaks and am trying my best to figure them out.

On another note, I feel like tournaments are my best game so I play in a free pub poker league here in Charlotte. Yeah the play is generally horrible, but its still good practice for live play. There are some decent level two players and even a couple level threes but they are a small percentage. 60% or so are level one nits and the rest are just recreational donks.

There are usually between 15-25 people per game and the games generally last 1.5-3 hrs depending on the blind levels. I am pretty sure I get a higher percentage of final tables and top 3 finishes than anyone else in the league, I just don't play but one day a week so I typically fly under the radar. Most of the "decent" players in the league don't like my game and think (sometimes rather vocally) that I am a bad player. They wonder how I get so lucky to win again and again lol.

Anyways, this Monday night was especially fun. I was chip leader in all 3 games going into the final table and was two 60/40s flips short of taking down all three games. I had went 1st/2nd quiet a few times but had never won two in a row. So it was cool to almost win three consecutive games after winning two in a row for the first time.

And for a final brag, here are my live poker stats for the past 2 seasons.
1st: 11
2nd: 7
3rd: 8
4th: 5
5th: 0
6th: 1
7th: 1
8th: 1
9th: 2
Final tables: 36/38

I don't really keep records of my play beyond last season but I am guessing I have won about 60 games now and have won two bracelet games in 6 tries. I also have won two high roller events and final tabled 4 out of 5. These events are 100-120 people and have much tougher fields than regular games.

Anyone in the Charlotte area is welcome to message me if they want to come out to a game for a beer and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment