Sunday, March 13, 2011

A lot of thinking, not so much time spent playing

I only played about 28 hrs this week managing about $750 in profit. I just didn't feel that confident in my game so I spent my usual 60+ hrs studying preflop and postflop scenarios trying to determine optimal ranges and lines. My ultimate conclusion through all of this work is to forget what I know now and remember what I knew then.

What I am talking about is my focus this year on the minutia of playing "perfectly" in various spots instead of focusing on the simple stuff, like recognizing fish and extracting value. So starting yesterday night I took my game back in time with a hybrid on what I've learned lately and felt considerably more comfortable.

Decisions were a lot easier and even though its a very small sample, I am encouraged by the results. Note this graph is 3 hrs of play and I actually ran $100 under AIEV.

So this week my goal is a lot more volume and give yesterdays "changes" a decent sample size so I can see where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment