Saturday, November 28, 2009

Random thoughts

I am still running fairly awful, but I feel in control of my game and emotions right now. I think I am playing better than I ever have. I know I am making some big errors while playing, but
I continue to review those hands and do a lot of reading/studying in my spare time so those leaks are getting plugged rapidly.

I thought about moving up to 50NL and playing a 50BB stack for awhile to gain some fast FPPs.. but decided against it. I am going to stick to my nitty BR management plan come hell or high water. I mean, what's my rush right? It would be great to be at 100NL to start 2010 and make a run towards supernova+, but the risk isn't worth it. Its better to put in more hands now where the losses won't be exacerbated during the learning process. I've seen some of the graphs where people get to 100NL too fast and either end up moving down multiple times or going broke. I don't wanna be that guy.

So with only 3 days left in the month and I'd have to get another 22k hands in to get Platinum Star.. It ain't gonna happen. The extra 5% in rakeback would be nice, but there is no way I can do that kind of volume right now. I am having issues getting away and playing. My desk is in my bedroom and my 3-year old is either finding a way in, or yelling at the door, "I wanna see daa daaaa" 24/7." The way our house is setup, there really is no way to get away. I miss having a house with an office for sure.

So I am going to have to find a way to get in the hours I will need.. and this probably means getting up at like 4-5AM every morning... I am NOT a morning person so it will be a drastic change.

I am planning on beginning to jog or run on the treadmill (if too cold out) soon and I guess that will help wake me up for my sessions. Its really going to take discipline. And since I work a lot of hours in my job.. well, its tough.

So having said that, I feel very motivated knowing what others have done.. people such as Ronfar, vinvici, and Lydia12345. I feel this is a great opportunity to make a better life for me and my family.. and this is a huge incentive.

So I will try to put in a bit more volume in December. Of course, its another holiday filled month... so the goal I set seems far off. But I am determined to reach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment